The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is proud to provide scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students studying in the fields of geotechnical and foundation engineering and construction management. DFI is an industry association dedicated to the advancement of the design and construction of deep foundations. DFI recognizes that the future of our industry will depend upon our ability to encourage and engage promising young engineers to consider careers in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time (as defined by the applicant's school) and pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in civil or geotechnical engineering, an undergraduate degree in construction management, or other related deep foundations program, in any accredited college or university in the United States.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0
- Students may be considered for subsequent awards if they provide evidence of continued advancement in studies of deep foundations technologies in accordance with the application requirements. Scholarships are not automatically renewed; a new application must be submitted annually by the scholarship deadline.
Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender, orientation, nationality or ethnic origin. Consideration will be given to applicants with financial need.
☐ Application form, to be completed on-line at www.dfitrust.org. ONLY ONE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applicants will be considered for all available scholarships for which they are eligible.
☐ Personal essay no more than 500 words, highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long-term plans and goals, and any special financial need. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ An official school transcript. (To be sent to DFI Trust by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
☐ Minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant's school. (To be sent to DFI Trust by e-mail to email@example.com).
Several scholarships, ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 each will be awarded in 2021. Awards may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than May 17, 2021. Application packages missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications on or about July 15, 2021.
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their résumé being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
Scholarship checks, payable to the student, will be sent in August 2021 after proof of registration and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
Deadline: A completed on-line application must be submitted no later than May 17, 2021. Transcripts and recommendation letters must be sent by e-mail, no later than May 17, 2021, to:firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES/QUESTIONS BY E-MAIL TO: SCHOLARSHIPS@DFI.ORG