The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is pleased to request applications for the DFI Educational Trust University of Pittsburgh Civil Engineering Scholarship which will provide scholarship funding to undergraduate and graduate civil engineering students attending the University of Pittsburgh
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time (as defined by the school) in a graduate or undergraduate civil engineering program.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender, orientation, nationality or ethnic origin
☐ Application form, to be completed on-line at www.dfitrust.org.
☐ Personal essay no more than 500 words highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long-term plans and goals, and any special financial need. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One official school transcript. (To be sent to DFI Trust by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
☐ Minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant's school. (To be sent to DFI Trust by e-mail to email@example.com).
One scholarship, in the amount of $2,500, will be awarded in 2020. Awards may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than October 30, 2020. Applications missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications on or about December 15, 2020.
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their résumé being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
Scholarship checks, payable to the student, will be sent in January 2021 after proof of enrollment and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
Deadline: A completed on-line application must be submitted no later than October 30, 2020. Transcripts and recommendation letters must be sent by e-mail, no later than October 30, 2020, to:firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES/QUESTIONS BY E-MAIL TO: SCHOLARSHIPS@DFI.ORG