The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is pleased to request applications for the Goble Rausche Likins Scholarship which will provide scholarship funding to full-time undergraduate or graduate civil engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science students attending any accredited college or university in the United States and who demonstrate prior employment, co-op, or intern experience with a civil engineering application.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time (as defined by the applicant’s school) in a graduate or undergraduate program in civil engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science.
- Demonstrate prior employment, co-op, or intern experience with a civil engineering application. This can be documented by including the relevant details in the résumé and/or in a letter of recommendation.
- The minimum GPA required is 3.0/4.0.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or ethnic origin.
☐ Application form, to be completed on-line at www.dfitrust.org
☐ Personal essay, no more than 500 words, highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long term plans and goals, and any special financial need. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One official transcript. (To be sent to DFI Trust by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
☐ Minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant's school. (To be sent to DFI Trust by e-mail to email@example.com)
One scholarship, in the amount of $5,000, will be awarded in 2021. Award may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than May 17, 2021. Applications missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications on or about July 15, 2021.
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their résumé being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
Scholarship check, payable to the student, will be sent in August 2021 after proof of enrollment and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
Deadline: A completed on-line application must be submitted no
later than May 17, 2021. Transcripts and letters of recommendation must
be e-mailed, no later than May 17, 2021, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES/QUESTIONS BY E-MAIL TO: SCHOLARSHIPS@DFI.ORG