The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is pleased to request applications for the Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship which will provide scholarship funding to undergraduate and graduate civil engineering students attending schools in the Province of Ontario. DFI is an industry association dedicated to the advancement of the design and construction of deep foundations. DFI recognizes that the future of our industry will depend upon our ability to encourage and engage promising young engineers to consider careers in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time (as defined by the applicant's school) in a graduate or undergraduate civil engineering program at any college or university in the Province of Ontario only.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0 or, alternatively, a "B" or its equivalent
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must provide the Trust with all required contact information.
Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender, orientation, nationality or ethnic origin.
☐ Application form, to be completed on-line at www.dfitrust.org
☐ Personal essay no more than 500 words highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long term plans and goals, and any special financial need. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations. (To be submitted with on-line application)
☐ One sealed official transcript. (To be sent to DFI Trust by mail or courier)
☐ Minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant's school. (To be sent to DFI Trust by mail or courier)
Two scholarships, in the amount of US$2,500 each, will be awarded in 2019. Awards may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than October 31, 2019. Application packages missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications no later than December 15, 2019.
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their résumé being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
Scholarship check, payable to the student, will be sent in January 2020 after proof of enrollment and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
Deadline: A completed on-line application must be submitted no later than October 31, 2019. All required hard copy documentation must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2019, and sent to the following address:
DFI Educational Trust
Manuel Fine Scholarship Applications
326 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
If you have any problems submitting your application, call DFI at +1-973-423-4030 or send us an email at email@example.com